Kenosha Divorce Modification Lawyer

Needs change over time. Circumstances suddenly arise. Old disputes resurface. Whatever the new development or source of friction, you may have to go back to court to address court orders for custody or support. It is critical to seek experienced and effective representation to advance or defend your interests.

The Law Office of John Anthony Ward handles relocations, modifications and enforcement of family court orders in Kenosha County and surrounding counties of southeastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois. We are fully prepared to litigate when these disputes defy proactive measures and practical solutions.

Modification And Enforcement Of Family Court Orders

Trial lawyer John Anthony Ward has practiced in family law for over 31 years. He is well-versed in post-decree disputes, especially cases involving jurisdictional issues. For example, a parent cannot simply move to another state and petition for custody; there may be contempt of court penalties or other adverse actions by the judge who has authority, up to and including reversal of custody.

Mr. Ward has handled the spectrum from mutual agreements to amend existing court orders to complex and contentious legal battles:

  • Petitions for sole custody
  • Transfer of primary custody to the other parent
  • Altering the parenting plan
  • Parent relocation
  • Child support modification
  • Unpaid child support
  • Interference with parenting time (visitation)
  • Termination or modification of spousal support
  • Enforcement of a property settlement

Mr. Ward represents parents in modifying child support orders when there has been a change in circumstances such as a job loss, job promotion or additional needs of the child. We also assist clients in obtaining retroactive child support or enforcement of support orders through contempt of court or wage garnishment.

Custody And Support Modifications In Wisconsin And Illinois

You are best served by a post-divorce modification attorney who can offer sensible solutions, but capably manage your case and assert your rights in court. From years of litigating these issues in the Kenosha, Racine and Waukegan area, John A. Ward knows what to anticipate in positioning you for the most favorable outcome.

Call 262-671-0165 or contact us online to arrange a free initial consultation.